BuddyPress Automatic Friends

155 Responses

1. toy says:

Can to auto accept a friend request in buddypress based on user meta ?

thanks for replying

toy

2. pankaj says:

is there any short cut way to add all members …i.e all registered user id ?

• Steven Word says:

@pankaj — Sorry there is not an easy way to do add all members at this time. However, that requirement has been frequently requested and I will attempt to roll the functionality into my next release. Cheers!

3. Michelle says:

HI! I’m just wondering if your plugin will work in my setup? I’m using eMember to control access to different parts of my site – the buddypress section is locked down. When a new member pays and registers via eMember, it automatically creates a WordPress user with the same details as the eMember member details. Will this process trigger your plugin to auto friend new members?

Does this make sense?? Sorry if I’m not making myself clear!

Thanks for your help!

4. Paul says:

Is there an easy way to change some of the code in this plugin to allow new users to be auto friend-ed by all users? I know you are working on this but I was just looking for a hack until the new release cam out? 🙂

5. keithive says:

hey Steve. I have two auto friends. One works as advertise. The other auto friend gets friends added and the counter increases. But the “are now friends” comment doesn’t show up on their wall or the activity stream. If they friend manually everything works as advertised. Any suggestions

6. Rachel says:

Hi Steve,

I’m not having any luck the plugin doesn’t seem to do anything at all I have set it up correctly with the right user ID that I want to be auto friends with everyone but it isn’t working at all??

Cheers,

Rachel

7. ginnynorman says:

I have the same problem as Rachel above… it doesn’t seem to do anything?

8. Catherinewerd says:

I have the same problem. The plugin does nothing at all.

9. Ron Clarin says:

I think steve needs to update this plugin 🙁

10. Steven Word says:

It has come to my attention that the plugin is no longer functional under WP 3.5. I am aware of the problem and working towards a resolution. Thank you for your patience. Stay tuned!

11. Joseph says:

Hi Steven yes i use that one so i would be using your plugin with it …. i have not yet tried your plugin but is a new feature hoping to have with your help thanks

12. Steven Word says:

What’s new in version 1.6.2

* Removes hooks from account sign-up and activation.
    * Friendships are now created upon a new user’s first login.
    * Resolves conflict with plugins such as “Disable Activation” that bypass the activation process.

13. Yves says:

Hi Steven,
    I’m using the 1.6.2 version of your plugin and WP 3.5.1, but the new created users are not automatically added to the users I specified in options panel.
    Here is a link to a screenshot of my options:
    Hope you will be able to provide some help… 🙁
    Best regards.

14. We’re using the Facebook Friends Inviter (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/facebook-friends-inviter/) and I’m trying to figure out how we could automagically make any of the friends that the user has invited from Facebook, now become friends on Buddypress.

Any ideas?

15. Tim says:

Hi Steven

I would really like to use this plugin, is it ok to use it with the latest versions of BuddyPress and WordPress?

Cheers

Tim

• Steven Word says:

@Tim — This should not be a problem. I’ve tested it locally using WordPress 3.6beta2 with BuddyPress 1.7.1. If you are worried about testing a new feature in a production environment, I’d highly recommend setting up either a localhost or a staging server that mirrors the real site. This would allow you do testing without the worry of causing problems for your users.

• Tim says:

Thanks Steven, I haven’t got any users yet so I’m safe for now but I will bear that in mind for the future!

16. Tim says:

Hi Steven

Next dumb noob question…! 😉

What is the user id? Ive tried the user name but it doesn’t seem to work.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks

Tim

• Steven Word says:

@Tim — Not a bad question at all. My next major update to this plugin will address this issue. I want to make it so you can use usernames in the future. For now, the best way to find a user id (always numeric) is by going to WP-Admin => Users => All Users. This will take you to a screen with all of your users listed. The very first account you created (most people use admin) has a user ID of 1. For all other users, find the user you want to identify and click on their name. This will take you to the edit user page. If you check the URL address on this page, you will see something like this: http://www.domain.com/wp-admin/user-edit.php?user_id=2. In this example, “2” is the user id. This is a bit more complicated than I’d like, but should get you were you need to go until I can roll out an update. Good luck!

17. Tim says:

Thank Steve, it worked with one of my profiles but not the other, for some reason this URL doesn’t seem to have an ID in it?

…./wp-admin/profile.php?wp_http_referer=%2Fwelcome%2Fwp-admin%2Fusers.php%3Fdelete_count%3D1%26update%3Ddel

• Steven Word says:

@Tim — Try /wp-admin/users.php instead of /wp-admin/profile.php

The latter is a page for the current users profile while the former is a listing of all the users. If it is the very first account you created in WordPress, the user ID is most likely ‘1’.

18. gkazhus says:

Hi,
    Is it possible to add Auto accept for all users rather than writing each user ID?

19. Hemali says:

Hello,
    I need to know is it possible to add facebook friend as a follower. Would there be any way to automatically, or with one click, follow all your facebook friends that are also using your buddypress service in my site?